MISSION FOODS “MISSION TO CHANGE” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AT TIME OF ENTRY.
1. WHEN TO ENTER: The Mission Foods “MISSION TO CHANGE” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET)” on January 1, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 31, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. WHO CAN ENTER: Open to legal residents of one of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia who are age of majority (age 19 in Alabama & Nebraska, age 21 in Mississippi and age 18 in all other states and D.C.) or older. Employees, officers, directors, members and managers of Mission Foods Corporation (“Sponsor”), Augustine Ideas, Promotion Fulfillment Center (“Administrator”) and each of their respective parent and/or subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households of any of the above are NOT eligible.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes in three (3) ways:
- Entry Method #1: Go to MissionToChange.com and follow the on-screen instructions to submit an entry.
- Entry Method #2: Tweet a favorite “Better for You” Mission® recipe, or what motivates you to get fit and health with the hashtags #missiontochange and #sweepstakes. Entries that do not use both hashtags are not eligible. You also must follow Mission Foods on Twitter (@missionfoods) during the Sweepstakes Period. You must be an active holder of a nonprivate Twitter account to be eligible to enter this Sweepstakes via Twitter (i.e., you must make sure your tweets are set to “public” and not “private”). Use of Twitter is subject to Twitter’s terms and conditions available at https://twitter.com/tos?lang=en. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can sign up for free at www.twitter.com.
- Entry Method #3: Comment on a favorite “Mission to Change” Facebook post that is posted by the Sponsor to their Facebook page during the Sweepstakes Period, with the hashtags #missiontochange and #sweepstakes. Entries that do not use both hashtags are not eligible. You must be an active holder of a Facebook account to be eligible to enter this Sweepstakes via Facebook. Use of Facebook is subject to Facebook’s terms and conditions available at https://www.facebook.com/policies. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can sign up for free at www.facebook.com.
Entry Limit: one (1) entry per person and per day regardless of method of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, a “day” is defined as a calendar day in ET. Entries not in compliance with these Official Rules may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter/Facebook account or email address associated with a winning entry. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple Twitter/Facebook accounts or under multiple identities/email addresses will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won. Entries are deemed submitted by the authorized Twitter/Facebook account or email address holder associated with the entry. Robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are prohibited. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt.
You should consult your wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. All entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 31, 2018.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES: Each entry must comply with these Official Rules. Each entry must be created by the entrant and suitable for presentation in a public forum. An entry may not include material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement. An entry may not include material that is sexually explicit, violent, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or otherwise objectionable. An entry may not include material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. An entry may not include copyrighted materials owned by others without prior written permission. An entry may not include material that communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. Any entry that does not comply with these Entry Guidelines may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes upon submission. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to entrant’s entry. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees that his/her submission is made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation; that Sponsor may disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Sweepstakes entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her entry which fails to comply with the entry requirements.
5. DRAWING/ODDS: One (1) prize winner will be randomly selected in a drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the end of each day of the Sweepstakes Period. Non-winning entries will “roll-over”
to subsequent drawings, if any. The drawings and awarding of the prizes will be conducted by the Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by both entry methods combined as of the end of each day of the Sweepstakes Period.
6. PRIZES: Thirty One (31) Prizes: each, a Fitbit Alta™ HR Fitness Tracker Wristbands. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $149.95 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $4,648.85. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any prize not accepted by a prize winner will be forfeited. Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Limit one prize per person.
7. PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATIONS: Potential winners will be notified by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent by email, Twitter Direct Message or by replying to the potential winner’s comment on Facebook. The prize notification message will provide prize claim instructions that include the requirement that the selected potential winner respond to the prize claim message within two (2) business days of the date the prize notification message was sent. If a potential winner fails to respond within that time frame, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. After the initial response described above and verification of the potential winner’s eligibility, the prize will be shipped within 6-8 weeks to the address provided. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of Twitter account, Facebook account, email or mailing address of entrants. Any unclaimed or undeliverable prize may not be awarded. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties with communications beyond its control.
8. ENTRANT AGREEMENT AND RELEASE
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes (including the winners list) in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant represents to Sponsor that he or she has the legal capacity to agree to the terms of these Official Rules and has complied with them. Each entrant also agrees to release Sponsor, Administrator and their respective affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and each of these entities’ respective officers, directors, managers, shareholders, members, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, losses or damages arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activity.
To the extent permitted by law, each entrant waives any right to bring any claim against any of the Released Parties as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action or proceeding.
California Residents: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you waive your rights with respect to California Civil Code Section 1542, which states that “a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
9. GENERAL RULES: This Sweepstakes is void outside the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. and where prohibited, restricted or taxed. The Released Parties are not responsible for: late, lost, incomplete, undeliverable, misaddressed or misdirected Sweepstakes entries, mail, email or other communications; errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices and their settings or transmission lines; data corruption, theft or destruction; or unauthorized access to or alteration or loss of Sweepstakes-related information or materials. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict participation from any IP or MAC address or device if suspicious activity is detected or suspected. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email. The Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes if for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as designed or intended. If Sponsor modifies, terminates or suspends this Sweepstakes, Sponsor will post a notice at Missiontochange.com and, if time and circumstances allow, determine procedures for awarding the unawarded prizes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his or her fraud or misconduct disrupts the intended execution of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor also reserves the right to correct errors or inconsistencies in promotional materials or in the announcement of prizes. If Sweepstakes-related promotional materials and these Official Rules are inconsistent, then the Official Rules shall govern with respect to this Sweepstakes
CAUTION: Any attempt by any individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) or Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Facebook.
11. GOVERNING LAW: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Dallas, Texas.
12. NAMES OF PRIZE WINNERS: For the names of the prize winners, visit www.MissionToChange.com. The Winners list will be available after all prizes have been awarded.
Sponsor: Mission Foods Corporation, 5601 Executive Drive, Suite 700, Irving, TX 75038